World Wide Quilting Page
Question of the Week
Previous Questions - 2001
Questions of the week from 1997 & 1998
Questions of the week from 1999
Questions of the week from 2000
- December 10, 2001
- What quilting items are your wish list to Santa this year?
- November 5, 2001
- I am attempting a Baltimore Album Quilt - what method of sewing around all these tiny pieces do others use? I have used the iron on fuse method, now I want to machine stitch around the images - some of which are very small and there is overlapping. I thought satin stitch would be too bulky.
- October 8, 2001
- What is "paper piecing?" How is it different from other piecing methods? Are there advantages to the different methods?
- September 17, 2001
- I would like to make a charm quilt with a different fabric for each block. My query is, what block shapes can I use? I know that I can use triangles, squares and the tumbler shape in a charm quilt - are there any other blocks that other quilters have had success with?
- September 3, 2001
- I am interested in quilter's experiences with the newer sewing machine's "quilting stitch" - the one's that resemble hand quilting. How do the various brands of sewing machines quilting stitches compare?
- August 13, 2001
- Where does the word "QUILT" come from and how old is it?
- July 30, 2001
- I found some flour sacks - does anyone know how they are used in quilts? Do I have to remove the writing first or use it in the quilt?
- July 16, 2001
- Could someone tell me the formula for quilts? (if there is one)
- June 25, 2001
- What have you found is the best pattern to use a fussy cut in?
- June 3, 2001
- Is it easier to use a hoop to keep the fabric from puckering/shifting when appliquing?
- May 14, 2001
- I have just entered my first judged quilt show and I won Best of Show. Does this entitle the person that machine quilted the quilt to half of the prize money (as decided by the committee running the show)? I don't quite understand her being compensated (by the quilt show) for almost the same amount that I paid her for quilting it.
- April 30, 2001
- I am starting to design miniature quilts and would like to frame them with mat - Do you have any suggestions? With or without glass? Any books available on the subject?
- April 9, 2001
- Is there anyway get lead pencil markings out of my all cotton quilt ? - have tried hair spray and alcohol but no luck
- March 26, 2001
- Is there a generally accepted definition of what qualifies a quilt to be a 'miniature'?
- March 5, 2001
- I have just finished my first quilt -- the borders see to be too big
-- they ripple. I measured through the center and cut the borders that length. How do I keep this from happening?
- February 5, 2001
- I have an assortment of doilies and would like to know how I can use them in my quilting projects?
- January 29, 2001
- Our Quilt guild has had the offer of a local boy scout that would like to build us the stands that we hang our quilts on in our quilt shows for his eagle project - where could I find plans for quilt display units?
- January 22, 2001
- Has anyone used fusible batting? Were you happy with the results?
- January 15, 2001
- What household sewing machine do you recommend for free motion quilting?
- January 1, 2001
- I'm looking to purchase fabrics for quilting buy the pound - is this a good idea?
World Wide Quilting Page * Question of the Week