World Wide Quilting Page
Question of the Week
Questions of the week from 1997 & 1998
Questions of the week from 1999
Questions of the week from 2000
Questions of the week from 2001
Questions of the week from 2002
Questions of the week from 2003
Questions of the week from 2004
- July 25, 2005
- Where could I find something that tells what judges look for at quilt shows/tips?
- July 11, 2005
- I have lots of scraps and would like to make pieced tablecloths, but without a backing - are there patterns (other than yoyos and rag rug types) that are finished on both sides so that no backing is needed to cover raw edges?
- June 20, 2005
- Is there a product that will wash out the brownish age areas on antique quilts?
- June 6, 2005
- Has anyone tried, bought or know about the NEW Bernina 440QE? I'm a bit in love with the idea of the stitch regulator
- May 23, 2005
- What are the pros and cons of using a 100% cotton sheet as the backing on a quilt? (all cotton top, polyester batt, hand quilted) - and - I would love to use a backing that would match my sheets set, do you think I would be successful using a flat sheet as my backing?
- April 11, 2005
- I'd like information on which thumb thimble will work the best when hand quilting - I have fairly long fingernails and standard thimbles are not comfortable.
- March 14, 2005
- I would like any tips for using a walking foot. I can't lower my feeddogs on my older machine - is it supposed to sound noisy? When I experimented today, it seemed to work okay at first but then my stitches on the bottom of my piece started skipping so that they were about a 1/4 of an inch.
- February 28, 2005
- Whenever I am working on a quilt I go through several needles because I bend them every time. What can I do to stop this?
- February 21, 2005
- What is the best method to pre-cut pieces for foundation piecing when there are angles involved and you may want to be careful about using the bias on the outside edges? Is there a rule to follow that a person can use every time?
- January 17, 2005
- What do you think is the best way to do set-in-seams - like in the LeMoyne Star quilt ?
- January 3, 2005
- What are your quilting New Year's resolutions?
World Wide Quilting Page * Question of the Week